Sunday 1 January 2012

Requested - Griffins

Someone called Zenith commented requesting for a post on Griffins - well here it is (and I'm very sorry if I'm late!)

Griffins are found in Greek and Ancient Egyptian folklore. They are depicted as creatures with a lion's body and with the head and wings of an eagle (though some early versions show it to have the front limbs of a lion.) As the lion is traditionally considered king of the beasts and the eagle considered king of the birds, the Griffin is thought to be incredibly powerful and majestic.

Griffin sighting are rare, but here's one at the Taj Mahal (though it's likely to be faked.)



If any of you have requests, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is just a cut and paste job of part of one picture into another. Also, it doen't really look like a Griffin. My suggestion is to do a Sasquatch sighting, because of the starting of the show Finding Bigfoot. By the way, I refer to your blog alot, I find it intriguing and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete